Choose and Cut
The annual Christmas Tree “Choose-and-Cut” season at the Nieman Tree Farm begins in mid November.
Visiting our Christmas Tree Farm, where you select your own tree, is a memorable experience.
Select and Cut Christmas Trees
- We have a great selection of Fraser Fir available to cut, including a few White Pine,
- White Fir and Blue Spruce
- Sizes range from 6 feet to 12 feet and up.
- As far as we are able to determine, we have the only Kentucky grown Fraser Fir.
- We sell only trees grown on our farm
- We will gladly cut and load your tree for you – you merely need to select it.
- You are welcome to cut your own tree if you wish – we will tie it up, provide a saw, and
Pre-Tagging Service – many of our customers do this
- You are invited to come to our farm in October and November, when the weather is pleasant, to select your tree.
- We will tag it and cut it just prior to the date you select to pick it up.
- Call Tom at 859-552-3532 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Balled and Burlapped Trees – to plant in your yard after Christmas
- Norway Spruce – the best tree for planting
- Blue Spruce
- White Fir
- White Pine
- To assure that the tree you select is as fresh as possible, we do not dig a tree until it is selected. When the tree is dug you can pick it up.
Caring for your tree
- A Christmas tree should be healthy and well-shaped with a straight trunk. It should have pliable needles, a great fragrance and good color.
- If you get your tree several days before it is to be brought in and decorated, we advise placing it outside in the shade, on a covered porch, or in an unheated garage.
- Place the tree in water as soon as possible as water is crucial for keeping it fresh.
- Keep the tree in water, and refill the container daily – some trees may absorb as much as two quarts a day.